2008年8月17日日曜日

Look Back at This Week

    I've finished Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez, Representative Men of Japan by Kanzo Uchimura, and Solitary Cyclist of the series of Sherlock Holmes. I also saw the film ‘Love in the Time of Cholera' and enjoyed magic realism and tropical atmosphere in Márquez's world after a long interval. He's a Colombian Nobel Prize winner and one of my favourite novelists.

   And then I saw Philip again in about nine months this Saturday. He 's an English teacher at the British Council, and we've mutual interests: reading and opera, although he prefers German opera and I prefer Italian opera. He told me that he's reading The Temple of the Golden Pavilion (Kinkaku-ji) by Yukio Mishima, and recommended me his own article on Virgin Atlantic's site. I also recommended him my blog. I think amateur writers are people who read each other's work to read their own work. Phil, do you read MY blog? I've already read your article.

     The following is comments form Phil by e-mail.

1 件のコメント:

Turandot さんのコメント...

Hello Kyoko,
I read your blog with great interest. It’s beautifully presented and full of interesting content. A good challenge for my Japanese. Thank you for mentioning my article as well.

I have also read `Love in the time of cholera` but a very long time ago so I can’t remember too much about it, I think I actually read it in South America. I would like to see the film and compare it. I went through a phase of reading South American fiction - `Death in the Andes` was my favourite.

Phil